Friday, April 15, 2011

Geek Pride

Ok, so we are geeks. I know this. And I like being a geek. And I really like being a geek about LOST. And we like surrounding ourselves with other LOST geeks. Today, I went to a baby shower for one of my dearest friends who also happens to love LOST, and I couldn't help indulging in my geekiness and creating one of (I think) the coolest gifts any baby could receive. Behold: I made the onesies using some of the PhotoFabric paper that I used for Calvin's Halloween costume last year. I just printed the Dharma logo out and sewed it on! Very easy. I had some ideas to get really geeky and technical, like using the logo for the Staff station and writing "nursery" below it, pretending like they were Dharma-issued onesies that they would keep stocked in the maternity ward of the Staff station. I ended up deciding that just using the Swan station logo looked the coolest. I am very happy with how they turned out and think I am going to have to make some more of these for our new baby's arrival in September!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Sneaky announcement insert! (I love them, by the way.) Happy Baby!!!

Kate said...

I love, love, LOVE these. I was so excited when I saw the box, and even more excited when I opened them. I felt that familiar, wonderful geekiness again. I can't thank you enough! Probably the best baby gift of all.

Heart.

kambam said...

How cute is that! And congrats on number 2!

shandy said...

everything about this post makes my heart happy. yay!