Friday, June 4, 2010

First Trip to the Zoo

For Calvin's birthday, we also took him to Hogle Zoo since he loves animals. I didn't realize there aren't any lions at Hogle, so I was a little bummed about that. Calvin loves lions. But there were plenty of other big cats that he got to growl at. I was a little worried that he wouldn't really get it or be able to really see the animals, but he had a blast!

Here are the elephants with the new baby Zuri! She was so cute.
We wished that Sam was with us.

The Sonoran Desert exhibit. There's no place like home.



Um, I don't remember what these things are called, but Calvin sure liked 'em.


Our little monkey. Excuse me, gorilla.
I know that gorillas aren't monkeys.





It's too bad that I don't have any pictures of Calvin chasing the Peacocks around. He also loved watching the monkeys swinging and running around. They were so active; it was awesome! It was so fun and I can't wait to take him back-- next time to the zoo and aquarium in Seattle!

2 comments:

Sara Passey said...

Will says there used to be lions at the zoo...sad day. But you guys will LOVE the seattle aquarium!

Taylor and Dean said...

someone at our house is very happy about this post! :)