Sunday, July 27, 2008

Atarashii Shigoto

So, I finally got a new job. It was actually very hard to find something to meet my desires: full time, over $10/hr, and anything that isn't sales. I didn't think that my expectations were very high, but the pickins are pretty slim here in Provo.

The sudden end of my last job was a huge fiasco, (some of you know the whole story) so I had to start from scratch after I got back from the cruise. I have been doing well freelancing as a Stage Manager, working for BYU, High School Musical 3, Stadium of Fire, and such, but I really wanted a job that had normal working hours, and would still allow me to do theatre projects on the side.

Well, I am now a Medical Assistant at Nexus Pain Care. This might come as a shock to some of you. I mean, I majored in Theatre Studies and now I'm an MA at a pain management clinic?? Yes. And I love it so far! The environment is different than anything I've done so far, and I get to learn so many new things. I see patients to their rooms, maintain their charts, explain various procedures and medications to them, etc. I am learning a lot; I usually have a list of new words that I bring home every night to study. The people I work with are great. They are so easy to get along with and are so hard-working and committed. It is also so satisfying to make a difference in our patient's lives. I find the work interesting, challenging, and thoroughly rewarding. And...I get to wear scrubs!


I am still designing the set for a couple of shows at BYU this year, but this job is giving me a an additional feeling of security and busyness that I haven't had in a while.


So, if any of you have any questions about opiate medications, I may be your gal now.

2 comments:

Leah Florence said...

Yeah, you have a blog! Again I am so happy you are happy at work!

Miranda said...

Way to blog! I would have one too, but I don't really have that much to say I guess. I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Cool job. Glad you like it!